Wednesday, July 8, 2015

One. Ed Sheeran

to the person who may assume the position of mine

i am sorry in advance that i am picky. its the plain truth.
i wont hire you unless you complete me in places i am broken.
my emotions run too high and i am sorry for that too.
ill cry during titanic
laugh at stupid jokes
scream at spiders 1cm long
but ill feel enough about you to know that i wouldn't leave for anyone else

i want hand holds. whenever. i wont mind.
ill be scared all the time. so just take my hand. show me that everything will work out.
show me that you want this too.

i want to talk to you about what i had for breakfast.
about this stupid thing this guy did during class yesterday. or how im scared im going to loose you. or about how i sleep on my side. and how i hate mustard on hotdogs.

i want to talk to you as if you were my sister, whom i've shared a room with for more than half my life. sisters share secrets no one else knows-not even mom.
sisters laugh
sisters love
sisters accept
sisters talk. about anything. thats what i want with you.

im curious. ill ask you how you got that scar above your left kneecap
or what your favorite type of pasta is.
how you like your eggs.
do you prefer black or white laces on your sneakers
how your vacation to ____ was last year...

and ill love you. though ill be scared ill love you.
ill laugh at any joke you throw at me
smile when you ask me a stupid question
ill hold your hand walking down the street
cry with you when you break down.
ill hug you from behind while standing in line for space mountain
ill fight with you when youre angry at me for spending over our budget
and when you want me to leave i wont. ill hug you until youre less broken than before.
and when i wake up to the smell of your worn cologne in the morning...ill take a deep breath

i love you already.

sincerely, yours.


2 comments: