Sunday, April 19, 2015

in remembrance


Never forget
My best friend Mallory Wolf from kindergarten. She had dimples
My first move from California to Chicago. 
The ninth grade dance I didn't go to.
Spring break morning when nat threw bananas into my cereal. 
That rub-your-back kind of hug
The squeeze-you-tight kind of hug
The Holocaust
Purposefully going to McDonald's after work even though I knew I would get the "why don't you obey me" schpeal from my mom afterwards
MLKs I Have A Dream Speech
Sleeping over at grams house to help with thanksgiving dinner
The Civil War
watching the dog show after the Macy's thanksgiving day parade (I always route for the pug)
Summer mornings watching the price is right with bob barker. 9am every weekday
The Ringer on the way to Washington, D.C.
Listening to the first song of their newest album for the first time
When he called my earrings "sexy". I laughed 
Sitting behind president bednar on an airplane and not talking to him. 
Finding president bednar in an airport seven years later and redeeming myself. 
July 2012 
My best friend opening his mission call. I almost cried.
Wanting to be an artist in eighth grade
Telling him I loved him first. He said it back.
Mar 3 2015
That flying feeling in your stomach as you land from a flight
Telling him I loved him first. He didn't respond.
Friends coming to visit you at work
Your toothless seven-year-old smile
Not acting my age at stake dances
Regrets

Never remember
Going to the ER
the dirty jokes
Stigmas
1945 Germany
Being called fat
Zayn quitting the band
Turning the machine off
Letting go of the leash 
Spring break 2014
Reading the next page
Gossip
Dad getting surgery 
Swear words
Jan 20 2010 
Mistakes
Dec 2013
Finding out
Feb 25 2015 10pm 

But I always want to remember...








1 comment:

  1. That's so cool that you guys met Elder Bednar at the airport!

    ReplyDelete