Sunday, July 12, 2015

heres to harold

"this is the starting of my greatest fear..."
the first line i wrote on my first page of my creative writing journal
its been about six months since ive started writing
and since this blog. happy birthday blog.

i think the most embarrassing thing i ever did in that class was cry when i read my final.
i cant believe i did that. to this day its the one thing i still regret.
and yet i was proud of myself.
i wanted to read my real talk post. but my conscience just didnt want to. she knew i would cry if i read that as my final, and she had a reputation to uphold.
but i won. the ego went out the window. and i embarrassed myself.

the day i found out harold miner took my post to top 5 was the day i knew i wanted to write. and i loved to write. it meant i could do this. and posts that i felt were tasteless, werent. that my thoughts and ideas were worth something.

its not that i didnt think i was good. but its always nice to hear praise.

creative writing changed my life. i think more creatively than before. i write when im feeling stressed or need an outlet. its helped me get through some tough times. and i want to continue to write throughout my life.

so heres to harold miner- for making writing feel like a choice, and not like homework
*champagne glasses clink in the background*


2 comments:

  1. my thoughts and ideas were worth something.

    so here's to harold miner- for making writing feel like a choice, and not like homework

    *clink* *nod of agreement*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice.

    I'm glad you read your real talk post.

    Bravery, bravery, bravery.

    Thank you...

    ReplyDelete